Livejournal just doesn't provide as many updates on the friends page or as many replies as it used to. It feels like it's dying.
Meanwhile, I've become addicted to twitter: http://twitter.com/chrispiers
I also use Facebook a little.
Here's a comic I worked on. I have about 4 more coming out this year.
I drew around 12 pages (a chapter) for this comic. You buy! http://tinyurl.com/c4wu4q
Last Friday, I had a party at my house and gave my friends a quiz about the Friday the 13th films. The winner and runner-up won DVDs of the movies and it ended up being a big hit. Here is the quiz, multiple choice, with a total possible score of 13 points.
If you reply with your answers, I'll grade it. No fair looking anything up online. The folks at the party couldn't.
1) Match the film to the way Jason died in that movie (each is worth 1/2 a point):
Friday the 13th____________________________________
Friday the 13th Part 2___________________________________
Friday the 13th Part 3-D_________________________________
Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter___________________
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning____________________
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives________________________
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood_____________________
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan_____________
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday________________________
Freddy Vs. Jason___________________________________
Friday the 13th (2009)__________________________________
A. Dragged to the bottom of Crystal Lake by a dead father
B. Doused in toxic waste, he reverts to a baby
C. Burned up re-entering the planet's atmosphere
D. Stabbed in the shoulder by a machete
E. Didn't die at all
F. Turned out to be an imposter, not Jason, fell off a barn onto farm equipment
G. Hacked to pieces, falls into the lake off a dock
I. Chained to a cement block at the bottom of Crystal Lake
J. Axe to the head
K. Stabbed with a sacred dagger by his neice
L. Machete through the face, then hacked up by a 9-year old
The rest of the questions are worth 1 point each:
2) Which protagonist appeared in the most films?
a. Alice b. Tommy c. Tina d. Rennie
3) Two films featured killers that weren't Jason. Which two?
a. 5 and 7 b. 1 and 2 c. 1 and 7 d. 1 and 5
4) How many times has actor/stuntman Kane Hodder been Jason?
a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 6
5) In which film did Jason first wear his iconic hockey mask?
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 4
6) In which film did Jason literally get resurrected from the dead by lightning?
a. 1 b. 5 c. 6 d. 8
7) Who was the bounty hunter who knew all about the Voorhees history?
a. Creighton Duke b. Rennie Walker c. Tommy Jarvis d. Reggie
8) Which celebrity was never in a Friday the 13th movie?
a. Johnny Depp b. Crispin Glover c. Kevin Bacon d. Corey Feldman
Just for the hell of it, let's take a look at all the folks on the show that have died (I won't count any faceless Others, though).
1. Alex - shot by Keamy the mercenary
2. Ana Lucia - shot by Michael
3. Arzt - blew himself up by accident with dynamite
4. Boone - fell out of a tree
5. Charlie - drowned getting out a radio signal in a Dharma station
6. Donald - tail-end survivor who died from crash injuries
7. Doug - random crash survivor shot by mercenaries
8. Edward Mars - euthanized by Jack
9. Eko - smushed by the smoke monster
10. Jerome - random crash survivor shot by mercenaries
11. Joanna - apparently drowned
12. Karl - shot by mercenaries
13. Libby - shot by Michael
14. Locke - unknown
15. Michael - blown up by a bomb on the freighter
16. Naomi - knifed in the back by Locke
17. Nathan - neck broken by Goodwin
18. Neil - flaming arrow to the chest
19. Nikki - buried alive while actually paralyzed
20. Paulo - buried alive while actually paralyzed
21. Rousseau - shot by mercenaries
22. Seth - captain of the plane killed by smoke monster
23. Scott - often confused with his friend, Steve, killed by Ethan
24. Shannon - shot by Ana Lucia by accident
Ok, so a couple of those guys were basically just extras, but they appear in lots of episodes and that's why they at least got credited names. There were plenty of unnamed crash survivors that were killed by Others, mercenaries, or the jet engine.
Kind of funny in how unfunny the execution is.
This is why I like the series. It's crap, but when it's really really bad, it's hilarious. Take this scene for instance. It features a bunch of dysfunctional kids at a rehab center of some sort. A retarded kid keeps pestering Vic who just wants to chop wood. It's so bad. The acting on both sides is way over the top. While it's a horror movie, you actually don't see the kill in this scene. It cuts away to reactions and you hear what happens, but it may not be safe for work:
I love that. "You're way out of line, Vic!" Also, the counselor's solution is that they've all had a tough morning, so let's just have breakfast. Ha ha ha ha ha.
This is like the 25 Random things, only about HS. Tag 25 friends and pass it on.
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!.
1. Did you date someone from your school? No.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No.
3. Did you car pool to school? I drove to school my junior and senior years and sometimes drove my sister in my senior year.
4. What kind of car did you have? Some kind of station wagon.
5. What kind of car do you have now? A Ford Escape.
6. It's Friday night...where are you now? In D.C., this weekend watching my girlfriend's band at a club.
7. It is Friday night...where were you then? Jeez, just hanging out with friends most likely. Maybe going to the movies or the beach.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? Paper routes (2), landscaping for the Church, and Walgreen's clerk. All at the same time. A decent amount of babysitting, too. I worked a lot back then.
9. What kind of job do you do now? Marketing manager for an association. Part-time teacher at The Writer's Center.
10. Were you a party animal? Not at all.
11. Were you considered a flirt? No.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Never.
13. Were you a nerd? Definitely.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Suspended a lot, for stupid shit like talking in class.
15. Can you sing the fight song? No. Did we have one? I don't even know.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Senior year? Mr. Nord, for sure. Great english teacher.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? I can't really remember that too well. With friends in the lunchroom somewhere. I really can't recall anything about it.
18. What was your school's full name? Scituate High School.
19. When did you graduate? 1994.
20. What was your school mascot? A sailor.
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? I didn't bother going.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Every day.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? If it's convenient. I don't live nearby, but my sister still lives there, so it's possible.
25. Do you still talk to people from school? No, no one from high school.
26. School Colors? Blue & Gold
Navigate: (Previous 10 Entries)